While I love talking about my mental state through this weight loss process I love food too! Its only right that I share some healthy recipes I have tried. Starting off Food Fridays off right are Zucchini Tots. This is the one recipe that everyone in my household ate and there was no leftovers. Great replacement if you are feigning for carbs or like Napoleon Dynamite just want some tots 🙂 To top it all off its so filling. Happy Friday!
- cooking spray
- 1 packed cup grated zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 medium onion, minced
- 1/4 cup grated reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- a dash of garlic (optional)
*Personal opinion best with Ranch or Ketchup for sauces.*
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Grate the zucchini into a clean dish towel until you have 1 packed cup. Wring all of the excess water out of the zucchini, there will be a lot of water. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, turning halfway though cooking until golden